June 28, 2011

Movin on up

Jeffrey officially has one year of residency behind him! He is no longer an intern, but considered an upper level resident. This basically means you have more respect, responsibilities, and a few less nights on call (whoohoo!). We got all dressed up Saturday night for the annual "moving up" dinner. The new interns are introduced, current interns graduate to be upper levels, and the 3rd years graduate for good. It was fun to see everyone and talk with people who are in the same boat as we are. We feel so blessed that he is a part of such a close knit, christian program. Residency is not easy and definitely not as glamorous as TV makes it out to be! I am so thankful he works with friends that pray for and encourage each other along the way. He puts in some seriously long hours at the hospital and then comes home to his job as a husband and father. I am so proud of how hard he has worked and we can definitely see the end in sight! I have loved being married all the way through med school and residency and am glad we even decided to start a family. It is challenging- but isn't that life? I know God will use Jeffrey to bless so many of his patients lives- physically and spiritually- and that makes it all worth while.

The new upper level residents (the blonde doc in the background is delivering my baby!)

DSC_1292

DSC_1296

Congrats babe!
DSC_1305

No comments: