July 12, 2011

It's a...

Let me start by saying this will be a long post! It starts yesterday around 1:00 at our ultrasound. The tech came in and measured all parts of the baby. This is such a tense time for me and I am just praying the whole time that everything looks okay. After about 15 minutes she asked if we wanted to know the gender and we said yes. She started looking down there and said fairly quickly, "I think it looks like a girl!" Followed a few seconds later by, "Wait, I am not sure about that, I think I see something there. Let me go get another tech to take a look." Jeffrey and I just looked at each other with total confusion and started laughing. The next tech came in and seemed very sure of her skills. She took a look and said, "No, I think boy. Well, just a minute, I can see how you may have thought girl." I am on a roller coaster at this point. She explained that the legs were basically crossed with the cord in between them. She looked a while longer and said, "Wow! This is a tough one. We rarely have to send people home without an answer, but... you may have to come back." I was so disappointed! I told her we had a party planned and she decided to go get a 3rd tech to help. I went to the bathroom and tried to move around a bit to maybe reposition the baby. The third tech went back and forth, boy, girl, boy, girl... It had been over 30 minutes of looking and I thought we were going to have to come back. FINALLY, the little sweetie decided to show us all.....

It is a BOY!!!!!

Here is our sweet boy at 17 weeks
DSC_2024

I also measured a week big (surprise, surprise!)
DSC_2023

We are SO thrilled to have another little guy at our house! Jeffrey was smiling ear to ear and so was I. He always wanted a brother so I think he is really thankful Lane will have that. We could NOT be happier and more thankful to God for this baby boy. I see lots of dirt, sports, and bugs in my future! (and I am slightly excited to dress them alike!!!)

Even though the ultrasound was CRAZY- it was fun and definitely entertaining.

Last night we had family over to tell them the news. Before everyone arrived Lane went in his room and got his favorite cowboy hat. He loves it and thinks he is so cool wearing it. He paraded around the house for a while so i got some pics.

DSC_2031

DSC_2033

His favorite thing to do is pretend like Jeffrey is a horse so they had some fun before the party. He also wants me to do this- I feel so bad saying no, but this pregnant mama's back can't take it.

DSC_2027

I decorated with pink and blue and everyone wore the color they thought was right.

DSC_2012

DSC_2015

I made homemade oreos (YUM!)

DSC_2019

and fudge cupcakes with buttercream frosting.

DSC_2043

Our family of 3 1/2

DSC_2054

My parents surprised us by coming from out of town!! It was the best surprise. They had told me we would have to Skype them in for the reveal- I was SO happy they came!

DSC_2097

Team Pink

DSC_2059

Team Blue (my family has good intuition!)

DSC_2061
My sister in law, Julianne, is due in a few weeks with a little boy, Brooks! We are so excited they will be 4 months apart.

My sis Hannah, Me, and Mom

DSC_2051

To reveal the news, we had Lane open a present. The first thing he pulled out was a Big Brother shirt...

DSC_2069

Then he pulled out a Little Brother shirt that matches.

DSC_2072

So happy to be getting a brother! (or just happy everyone was clapping for him)

DSC_2081

It was a great day for our family and we are in awe of God's blessings.

DSC_2102

Thank you Lord for TWO beautiful boys.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love your idea on telling your family and that food looks delicious!!! Congrats on the boy! Very fun! Who was your tech? Christy? I had no idea that there were 3 techs at Mercy!